Get The Best Dental Care Guidance From Dentist Bassendean
Teeth are one of the most critical parts of our body, and that is why it requires great care. With years of dental practice experience, Dentist Bassendean clinics have observed most dental diseases occurring because of people not taking care of their teeth in the proper way.
What can happen without proper dental care?
A fine set of teeth not only helps you chew food but also is required for speaking clearly. A beautiful set of pearly whites gives you a pretty smile which can boost your confidence. But the following common problems might occur if oral hygiene is neglected–
Tooth Decay: If we don’t take care of our teeth, then plaque accumulates on them. Plaque or Plak is a clear film of bacteria that sticks to our teeth if not cleaned frequently and adequately. These bacteria break down the sugar stuck to the teeth into acids that result is decaying of the enamel and causing to form holes which are known as a cavity.
The best means to prevent tooth decay and protect your teeth is by brushing minimum twice a day (once after waking up and once before going to bed), flossing after meals, using fluoride toothpaste, and mouth wash. But all these measures only work as a prevention method. If once a cavity forms it can be only fixed by the dentist using a filling.
Gum Disease: Another problem caused by plaque is gingivitis where the gum gets swollen, sore and red. Gum diseases also often lead to bleeding. A more severe gum diseases than gingivitis is periodontitis which requires the assistance of a dentist. If periodontitis is not treated, then it leads to infection with signs like sore gums, pain while chewing, bleeding, and even tooth loss. The right way to take care of the healthy pink gums which are the tissues that hold your teeth in place is by following the basic oral health practices like-
- Brushing twice a day using fluoride toothpaste
- Flossing regularly after eating food
- Eating a well-balanced diet
- Visiting dentist for routine checkups and cleaning
- Avoiding addictions like smoking and drinking that risks gum diseases
Dry Mouth: The lack of sufficient saliva causes dry mouth, which makes it hard to break down food, swallow and even speak. Dry mouth also can lead to fungal infections, tooth decay and cavities. The problem of dry mouth might be caused because of medicines like that of high blood pressure medicine, medicine for depression, and medicine for bladder control issues.
To solve this problem, you can drink water or unsweetened beverages often, avoid drinking alcohol and smoking, avoid acidic beverage intake and reduce intake of caffeine. Consumption of tart candy might also help in saliva secretion. Sever conditions might require your dentist to suggest the usage of artificial saliva.
Why Dentist Bassendean is the right choice for your dental care?
- The quality of the dental care provided by our clinic is top-notch.
- The expert and experienced staff at our affordable dental care unit understand your requirements and suggest appropriate treatment.
- The feedback from our clients assures that they had a satisfactory experience.
- Affordable Dentist Bassendean is mastered in various dentistry specialities that can easily tend to your requirement.
- Our clinic is accredited and one of the best in the country.